Hudson ISD is dedicated to the professional growth of our staff members and shares the responsibility for learning by empowering teachers through support and guidance to ensure the success of all students. Professional Development focuses on adult learning that results in student achievement. The mission is to inspire, empower, and promote professional learning that advances educator and student performance. Professional development is learner-centered, performance-based, results-driven, and job-embedded. Learning is the centerpiece of our organization. Partnerships and collaborative planning are keys to continuous improvement. Understanding the connection between professional development and student learning is vital.
Effective professional development answers the following questions:
- What do students need to know and be able to do?
- What do educators need to know and be able to do to ensure student success?
- What professional development will ensure educators acquire the necessary skills and knowledge?
- How will we know the impact on student learning?
Professional Development Activities
- Comprehensive Literacy
- Local, State and National Conferences, such as but not limited to:
- CAST - Science Teachers Association of Texas
- CAMT - Conference for the Advancement of Mathematics Teaching
- TCEA – Texas Computer Education Association
- giftED - Texas Association for the Gifted & Talented
- CESD 504 and Dyslexia - Council of Educators for Students with Disabilities
- Region 7 Academic Content
- ESL – English as a Second Language
- Language Support
- Sheltered English
- English Language Proficiency Training
- Suicide Prevention
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Positive Relationships/Conflict Resolution
- District Safety-AED, Steroids, Concussions, Discipline, Seizures and First Aid
- STEAM Programs
- Campus-Based PD
- Coaching for Early Childhood
- Cyber Security
- TEA Reading Academics/Special Programs
- Student’s with Disabilities
Due to COVID 19, all conferences and workshops may be conducted in a remote fashion. Venues will be determined by the presenter. In-person experiences will be noted and will follow all CDC and TEA recommendations.